MONKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repitching yeast

3 posters

Go down

Repitching yeast Empty Repitching yeast

Post  Ellis0811 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey guys, has anyone repitched yeast to a big beer at bottling? If so, when do you do it and how much do you add? Thanks fellas!
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Repitching yeast Empty Re: Repitching yeast

Post  nailer Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Do you mean just reusing your yeast from a normal batch and pitching into new wort? If so,
I do that ALL the time. I rack into a keg and leave just a little beer in the fermentor and swirl it around to get all the yeast into suspension. I usually pour it into quart jars about 3/4 full and add some cooled sanitized water, shake it up, let it settle (1 hour or more) decant the liquid and leave the bottom 1/4" in the jar. I usually do this 2 or 3 times.
If you don't want to rinse the yeast you can just swirl up the bottom of the fermentor and pitch the ml needed according to the pitching rate calc on mrmalty.com.....

nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkmaster Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Yea it's something we're looking into as well, especially for lagers where we need twice as much yeast as an ale of the same og. It seems pretty easy, and people do it a few diff ways. Check out YouTube, some good vids
Funkmaster
Funkmaster
Admin

https://monksbrewclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum