MONKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brew Day Beers

+2
nailer
Ellis0811
6 posters

Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty Brew Day Beers

Post  Ellis0811 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:12 pm

How are they looking guys? Will any be ready by the next meeting to taste? also, if we didn't brew but would like to get a share how much do we owe. i would love to get my hands on all four beers that were made that day!!!
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty Re: Brew Day Beers

Post  nailer Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 am

The stout I did is in bottles and hopefully carbing as we speak. God I hate bottling! I ended up with just over 2 cases. The beers are available for ALL club members whether you brewed or not. At the meet we can get a tally from the brewers and then set a price per share. We should have plenty for all to get a share of each.

Mine tasted pretty good in the hydro. Nice and chocolaty with a touch of roast. OG was 1.066 and FG was 1.023. Should be a good one I think......

PS Did you see topic under projects for the kits? I'd like to get your input....

nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty Extract Pale Ale

Post  ski & Brew Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi,
The extract pale ale was bottled Saturday 17Nov. 12, 22 oz. and 26, 12 oz bottles. I will bring a couple for tasting at the Dec. meeting. Ferment went fine. Aroma is a nice blend of malt (toasted malt?) and mild hops. This beer took four weeks of aging to mature the last couple of times I made it but we will give it a try at the December meeting!

ski & Brew

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkmaster Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 am

Happy thanksgiving gentlemen! Did some beer sampling today, the golden strong we brewed tastes great! One of the best ones we have done so far, though we missed our gravities a little, all turned out great in the end. Hoping to have it kegged or bottled soon, but over all we both were very happy with the results of an awesome big brew alien
Funkmaster
Funkmaster
Admin

https://monksbrewclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty Extract Pale Ale

Post  ski & Brew Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 pm

tasting pretty good. Low carbonation which is what I targeted for. Tasting at the meeting on 10 December.

ski & Brew

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty shipping of alcohol is a no-no

Post  ski & Brew Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 pm

DUPLICATE post from competition thread: Hey, I found out that it is completely illegal to ship any alcohol out of New Hampshire, Vermont or Massachusetts. UPS told me that they are not allowed to ship any alcohol out from these states unless the company has a license plus certification from the state liquor commissioner and very few get that certification. I did not ship to the un-session competition. This puts a big strain on MONKS hosting a competition because beer is NOT allowed into NH without a licenses to ship into NH. UPS says they will open packages that are suspicous of having alcohol either by poor packing or questionable shipping address. $5,000 maximum fine from the State of NH.

ski & Brew

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty bring the beer on Monday

Post  ski & Brew Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

A reminder to all brew day 3 brewers to bring their beer from that day and cost of production to the meeting on Monday.

ski & Brew

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty brew day beers

Post  cellah mastah Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Just a reminder if your buying into BBDIII bring a box with you to carry your share.HB Very Happy

cellah mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  backwoodlessons Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am

The milk stout is so good! Almost drank it all!? Brewing pale ale this weekend, been slacking!
backwoodlessons
backwoodlessons

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkmaster Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Yea the Belgian came out pretty freakin awesome, it's all bottled up and ready for monday
Funkmaster
Funkmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brew Day Beers Empty RE:brew day beers

Post  cellah mastah Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey Bob B.your stout is great I'm drinking one right now.Well you know it might be one of darrens beers come to think of it.I think I might have one of AJs pale ales next.Love my job. :)good meeting tonight than you.HB. Very Happy

cellah mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis0811 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Wow, Nailer just tried that stout. Amazing! Can't wait to try the rest from Brew day! Good meeting last night guys.
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Post  nailer Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks! That's good news, that usually is a pretty good recipe. At least I didn't screw it up. I put all my shares in the fridge but haven't had a chance to sample yet. HMMMMM, maybe tonite after plowing!

nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Post  backwoodlessons Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Yes Nailers is awesome, glad I have more t
hen one!
backwoodlessons
backwoodlessons

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis0811 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Holy smokes! Bob, enjoying the heck out of your milk stout right now! This thing is great! You and Nailer need to enter these stouts in a comp soon! Dave's BPA is next. Can't wait to try it. We have some very talented brewers in the club Exclamation
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkmaster Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 am

Can't believe I missed the meeting, such a fool! Can't wait to get se shares of these beers, they all sound great.

Sippin on a bock right now, real happy with it. I'll try an save a few for sampling when we fill our barrel
Funkmaster
Funkmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis0811 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Just had the pilsner. great job boys. you guys need to enter that thing in a comp!!
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Post  Funkmaster Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks dude! If we can get another batch done it time I'd love to have a run at regionals with it. Just popped a milk stout from bb, damn good brew man. It's sweet an dry at the same time, really well done. Still gotta try the British ale and nailers stout next, looking forward to em!
Funkmaster
Funkmaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  backwoodlessons Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Milk stout brewed in the front yard! Can't beat that! trying to brew tomorrow!agggg!
backwoodlessons
backwoodlessons

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis0811 Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:24 am

that a boy bob!!!
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content