MONKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monks Brew Kits

4 posters

Go down

Monks Brew Kits Empty Monks Brew Kits

Post  nailer Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 pm

You found it! Here is the email I sent out and some talking points:

Dia dhuit fellow MONKS,
I had a nice chat with Zach at Brewtopia about selling a MONKS! recipe brew kit. My thought is to have pre-made extract/steeping grain kit prepackaged and sold in the store. The recipe/ingredients would be of our choosing. We could also include a pamphlet about the club and try and drum up new members and recognition that way. We talked briefly about how much of the sale of the kits would go to the club and didn't really nail that down. I would REALLY like to open this up for a discussion for more input and ideas. The holiday season is fast approaching and Zach says sales really pick up here soon so we want to get this rolling prior to the december meeting if possible. As such, I have created a new topic on the forum so we can collaborate. If you are not signed up for the forum it is a painless process.

Options:
We provide the labor to make the kits?
Do we want to do a monthly or seasonally, like 8 or so per year (holiday beer, st pattys beer, lawnmower ipa etc)
Is 10% of kit price ok? more/less?
How shall we pick the recipe? during meetings?
nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Monks Brew Kits Empty RE: MONKS BREW KIT

Post  cellah mastah Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

I think this is a graet idea. I would help put kits together.Someone should get ahold of Dave M.he's our extract with grain expert he would have some good ideas for kits.My question is how would we pack these kits if there for christmas presents? I would think we would pack them in a box.This would cost money up front.HB.

cellah mastah

Back to top Go down

Monks Brew Kits Empty Re: Monks Brew Kits

Post  nailer Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks HB! I'm thinking we just pack them in clear plastic with the the pamphlet displaying our logo on the bag and if they give them as gifts they can wrap them how they like. Good Idea about Dave! Hopefully he can jump on but we can convert the vast majority of recipes to extract without to much bother. Zach did mention that bolder kits would probably sell better. For example, a spiced porter as opposed to a pale ale. AJ, whats your thoughts on styles?

nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis0811 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm

i love this idea! i also like the idea of doing seasonal/different kits rather than your regular run-of-the-mill ipa or amber kit. seems like more homebrewer's and craft breweries are trying different styles. maybe we could do a homebrew version of our whiskey barrel brew. maybe do a regular stout kit and add oak chips to it and in the instructions say to soak them in a favorite whiskey. just a thought. what do you guys think?
Ellis0811
Ellis0811

Back to top Go down

Monks Brew Kits Empty extracting a recipe...

Post  ski & Brew Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Good day,
Except for my raspberry beers, I stick with 'standard' types of styles. I will gladly help write the extract method instructions for whatever recipe is chosen.

ski & Brew

Back to top Go down

Post  nailer Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:12 pm

I like the idea of a whiskey soaked stout....lets nail down a recipe and maybe ski&brew can write up the procedure for us? Maybe we can try and get this kit in the store but the end of the month.....Perhaps HB and I can put them together and maybe Darren can do up some brochures for us......Any ideas on whether 10% of price for club is to much, too little or just about right?
nailer
nailer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down